Let’s do a little tour de France of French news for this week:
- Apparently things could get worse for Les Bleus who suffered a shocking loss aginst Belarus on Sunday in their quest to qualify for the 2012 Euro Cup. But once you’ve hit rock bottom, there’s nowhere to go but up! Karim Benzema helped the squad regain a little bit of dignity against Bosnia. That he was left out of the 2010 FIFA World Cup French team still baffles me. Then again, there are plenty of things about Les Bleus‘ South African performance that baffled me so I’m happy to see that we may be back on the right track.
- French women may not get fat, but apparently little French kiddies do… As lots of little ecoliers went back to school this week, a few of them are taking part of an experiment aiming to combat child obesity in schools. The Atlantic reports on l’Education Nationale’s new school initiative entitled Morning Classes, Afternoon Sports.”
- French kiddies… and French fishies! An enormous koi fish was caught in a lake in the south of France.
- Another week any strike… this time the French are protesting the government’s plan to overhaul the money-losing pension system. Expect a LOT more strikes! It is afterall, our national sport and something that we do very well.
- Miley Cirus is in Paris filming the American remake of LOL (Laughing Out Loud) and showing off her lingerie.
Any newsworthy French story I missed?
Leave a Reply