FINALLY!! After 6 years on my DC-to-do-list, I can cross off visiting the U.S. Supreme Court! Well, actually, the item on my list was a little more ambitious than just visiting the U.S. Supreme Court. I wanted to sit through an oral argument. And that’s not exactly what I did this week, but close enough.
Thanks to a former colleague, I sat through a lecture on property rights in the progressive era, organized by the U.S. Supreme Court Historical Society and hosted by Justice Samuel Alito. The lecture itself was waaaay over my head, I have no legal background whatsoever, but the reception afterwards, in one of the court’s stunning conference rooms, was right up my alley! I mean, of course I would find a way to drink wine at the U.S. supreme Court right?
So now I actually do want to just take a tour of the building and get to learn more about it but I am still crossing the U.S. Supreme Court off my DC-to-do-list!! So far, I’m doing pretty good and I think I might be able to cross everything off… let’s recap:
- U.S. Supreme Court — check
- Sipping cocktails at the Columbia Room.
- Catching a movie at the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse.
- Dinner at Bad Saint — check (read about it here)
- Visit the Society of Cincinnati and Lars Anderson House.
- Watch the planes take off and land at Reagan National Airport from Gravely Point — check
- Catch the Caps practice at the Kettler Iceplex — check
- Meander through the lush grounds at Hillwood Estate, Museum and Garden — check (and during Cherry Blossoms season which was absolutely gorgeous!)
- Go on a hike in Rock Creek Park — check (though I’d like to crush it from top to bottom like this Washingtonian article recommends.)
- Have drinks at The Tombs in Georgetown.
So 6 down, 4 to go with 7 weeks left in 2016! I think I can do it!!