Let’s do this! Another year in Washington, another to-do-list!! Here are some of the things I would like to experience in the city in 2014.
Let’s start with items I am carrying over from pervious years:
1. US Supreme Court – It’s been on this list for 4 years. Le sigh.
2. Sip cocktails at the Columbia Room. I live so close, I’ve been to The Passenger so many time, so why haven’t I done this yet?
3. Diner at Little Serow.
4. Catching a movie at the Arlington Cinema & Drafthouse!!
OK, now that that’s out of the way, some new items for the new year:
5. Visit my friend Courtney in Frederick. It’s not that far and I’ve promised I’d visit for a while. It’s on the list now, so no excuse!!
6. Spend a leisurely afternoon hiking at Theodore Roosevelt Island.
8. Attend a Tiny Desk Concert at NPR’s new headquarters.
9. Visit the Library of Congress’ Main Reading Room. It’s only open to the public a few times a year, so I’ve gotta time this right!!
10. Dress in white and dine with 1,500 strangers at Washington’s first diner en blanc. I’m cheating a little by having this one on my list because I know it will happen, but I’ve been trying to bring this parisian tradition to DC for a few years now and I’m stoked that it’s finally happening, even if I’m only involved at a lesser level.
What’s on your DC-to-do-list??