You had me at “Sponsored by the Wines of Argentina”! Centered around 7th and F St. NW, Arts on Foot is a celebration of everything that I love about living in Penn Quarter and in D.C. in general. Performances, creative cuisine, music, theater, dance… there’s a little something for everyone at the street festival which will span over 3 days from Thursday September 10 to Saturday September 12, with most of the activities taking place on Saturday. The Washington Examiner won’t publish the official program the 10th, but here are a few things that I am looking forward to:
– tasting the innovative cuisine of local restaurants, with samples ranging from $2 to $5 at the restaurant sampling court
– the O Organics Cooking as Art Pavilion
– the World Market Wine Area where you can attend wine seminars and try a variety of wines for just $10
– jazz, swing and blues concerts
– the neighbourhood showcase coinciding with the last performance of the Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Free for All Performance of the Tamning of a Shrew in Harman Hall, and the DC Shorts Film Festival with screenings at the Goethe Institute and the Canadian Embassy
– the opportunity to explore galleries in the cultural corridors and discover new artists at the Art Market.
Culture, art, food and wine… in my opinion, the best a city has to offer, and the reason I live in Penn Quarter.